Following are general requirements for international students to apply for Shanghai Jiao Tong University Graduate Programs.
1. Non-Chinese citizen
2. Not currently registered in SJTU at the same degree level
3. Healthy both physically and mentally
4. Outstanding academic performance and potentiality.
5. Having obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent for master program applicants. The degree must be ready prior to the registration day
6. Having obtained Master's degree or equivalent for doctoral program applicants. The degree must be ready prior to the registration day
7. Demonstrate proficiency in Chinese for programs taught in Chinese:
1) HSK band 5: ≥ 180; or
2) Requirement can be waived if one of the following criteria is met:
*Having graduated from a three-year middle/high school in China
* Having graduated from a four-year undergraduate program in China
8. Demonstrate proficiency in English for programs taught in English:
1) IELTS: ≥ 6; or
2) TOEFL: ≥ 575 PBT, ≥ 90 iBT; or
3) Requirement can be waived if one of the following criteria is met:
*Being a native English speaker
*Having graduated from a four-year undergraduate program in the United States, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong.