Current Location >> Help >> FAQs >> Non-degree

1. Do I qualify for applying for the exchange program in SJTU?

Firstly please make sure whether your home university have signed the university-level or school-level agreement with SJTU. If any, you can complete the application through the nomination by your home university. We do not accept free movers. 

2. How can I get the course information of the exchange program taught in English?

For undergraduates, please check the link for further details.

For graduate students, please check the link further details

We suggest you consult relevant department or faculty for further information before applying. Please refer to “Fact Sheet for Exchange” for contact details. The information can be downloaded at the website of International student Center at

*If you can have class taught in Chinese, you can search the Chines course information in the following website. *


3. After completing the exchange semester, when can I get my transcript?

We will send the transcript to your home university within two months after the new semester begins.  

4. Is there any student societies or student activities I can participate during the exchange period?

There are more than 200 student societies at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, the international students can join as well. The international Mobility Office will organizes some Chinese culture activities especially for the exchange students, such as buddy program, calligraphy activity, tea culture experience, pottery art making, meditation, martial art and etc..


5. Is there any short-term programs at SJTU that I can apply for?

Shanghai Jiao Tong University offers three summer programs annually including International Summer Session, International Summer School and Summer Research Internship Program. You are welcome to join us!


Copyright © 2015 Shanghai Jiao Tong University International Student Center

Address: 800 Dongchuan RD. Minhang District, Shanghai, China  Email: